Monday, January 4, 2010

Jan 4

Hello to everyone. Calen and I were sick yesterday with some virus and it was a miserable day in the Bertus house. We missed mass. I'm just glad Colton, Emily, Kathy and Brent didn't get sick (or at least not yet). Mark continues to get weaker. He has started getting very confused. Last night he was just talking out of his head and confused all night. He made no sense at all. I think he was having hallucinations. He didn't take any extra pain medicine all afternoon. I turned the TV off hoping that would help. He asked me at 10:30 last night if it was morning or night even though it was dark outside.

The kids are getting ready to go back to school on Wednesday. I think they are ready to get back into a routine and see their friends again. I am supposed to go back to work tomorrow, but I don't know how that will work. Mark is very confused and I don't know that he can get out of bed at all anymore. We will see. Julia, Mark's hospice nurse, is supposed to come visit him again today so I will talk to her and see what she thinks.

Thanks again for the support and prayers. Continue to pray for all those battling cancer. God bless!!!

4 comments:

Ally said...

Rhonda, this is Allyson(cleaning girl this Summer) I just wanted you to know that many people are praying for you and your family even people that don't even know you. If you need any thing that I can help with please let me know.Any time you are scared remember that our heavenly FATHER is there with you. Squeeze HIS hand because you are not alone(HE is there!)Watching over Mark and you and the family!

Sandy Daron said...

I am so sorry everyone has been sick!!! I pray you are all better!!!

I am sorry about Mark!!! That must be scary when he is like that!! I experianced that with my dad once and it was terrible!!!

I pray that God will cover you with mercy and allow Mark to be comforable and at peace.

Love ya!!
C.O.L.E.'s Foundation
(Caring Openly, Loving Eternally)
www.colesfoundation.com
Email: sandy@colesfoundation.com
24/7 Prayer Line 888-365-COLE (2653)

Sandy Daron

John and Kathy Mitchell said...

Many, many prayers and blessings to you. Thinking about you constantly.

Love, Kathy Mitchell

LA said...

Ronda,

I work in the college of business and I know Mark through work, but you and I have never met.

I also am friends with Ally. We have had prayer for Mark in our two churches at home for quite some time and he continues to be in our hearts and on our minds.

My sister in law is also battling cancer, so thank you for remembering others in the same struggle.

Cherish your memories with Mark, take care of those precious children, and of Mark. We continue to pray..... and yes ALL of you have and will always have precious memories of Mark! May you always be together in your heart, your love and spirit.