Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jan 19

Hello to everyone. Today has been hard. Mark had a bad night last night. Shortly after my post last night, he became quite short of breath. I don't know if he reacted to the medicine he took for the hiccups or if it is just a decline in his condition, but he started having trouble breathing. We turned him onto his side and he had trouble for about 15 minutes or so (which felt like an eternity). He started calming down and the hiccups continued most of the night. He was quite confused this morning and didn't know who I was or where he was (at home). I decided not to go in to the office and stayed with Mark today. He has been having more trouble in general. He isn't gasping for breath, but it seems a little harder for him at times. He continues to hiccup most of the time which wears him out. I called the hospice nurse to let her know what was going on and she came to check on him today. She is going to get some oxygen out here for us to use when Mark needs it. It will certainly make it easier on him. It was difficult watching him struggle like that. I can't tell if he's hurting or not and he can't really answer us now. He occasionally will grimace, but when we ask if he's hurting he says no.

It's been a tearful day for me and for Mark's parents. We knew the decline would come, but it is hard to see it happen. I pray that Mark isn't hurting and that there are no more struggles for him breathing like last night. Thanks for all the prayers and messages. God bless!!!!

11 comments:

Jennifer Mueller-Phillips said...

I can't even imagine how hard it must be. My prayers are with you all.
Jennifer

Sandy Daron said...

I am sorry!! I just can only imagine how heartbreaking this is for you all!!! I will pray that Mark will not have any more episodes like last night and that he is pain free and at peace.

God does not waste an ounce of our pain or a drop of our tears; suffering doesn't come our way for no reason, and He seems especially efficient at using what we endure to mold our character. If we are malleable, He takes our bumps and bruises and shapes them into something beautiful. -- Frank Peretti

Love ya!!
C.O.L.E.'s Foundation
(Caring Openly, Loving Eternally)
www.colesfoundation.com
Email: sandy@colesfoundation.com
24/7 Prayer Line 888-365-COLE (2653)

Sandy Daron

John Jahera said...

My prayers continue to lift all of you up and I pray for peace, comfort and strength. Remember the words of the 23rd Psalm and may they offer you some measure of comfort.

Unknown said...

Unfortunately I know exactly how it feels. I am sorry.

Unknown said...

May Christ hide you in his wounds. He is with you now, though He seems so very far away.
God Bless you.
rb

Unknown said...

We continue to pray for all of you to have strength and comfort. Remember that you are not alone...
Paula and Frank

Unknown said...

Please know that you will remain in our thoughts and prayers. We continue to pray for peace for you all.
Lori

beacon72 said...

We continue to pray for your family each and evey day. Kathi

A Time To Remeber said...

praying for you and mark.. may he find peace and God near him at this time.. am soo sorry..

Linda said...

Continuing to keep your family in prayers for peace and comfort.
Linda

Mary Jo Kean said...

We continue to pray for you and your family.