Monday, January 25, 2010

Jan 25

Hello to all. Things here continue to decline. I know I keep saying that, but it is true. Mark is more confused and again does not recognize where he is and is saying random things and hallucinating most of the time. It is difficult to tell at times whether he is in pain or not since he cannot give us a lucid answer. We try to use his body language. We had the hospice nurse come out on Saturday to increase his morphine drip and then again on Sunday to increase the drip once again to get better pain control. We are still using extra doses when needed.

Matt had to return home to take care of some business, but hopefully will be back tomorrow. I don't know how much longer Mark can hang on. He is just hanging on by a thread it seems. He is sometimes short of breath and will grab at his chest like it hurts him. We have turned the oxygen up some. It is hard to leave his side. I don't want to be gone for even a minute.

My mom and Eugenie are still here and Mark's parents have been here since September. We are all spending as much time with Mark as possible. It is hard to see him like this. I pray that God will end his suffering and bring him peace. He has been suffering way too long and it's painful to watch and be helpless.

Father Bill came by for a visit and to pray with Mark during the week. Luckily it was when Mark was still able to remember some and he knew who Father Bill was.

Thanks to all of you who continue to support us through this battle. We have been fighting long and hard. Mark is a tough warrior as you can see. He has never been one to give in to anything and this is no different. He plans to fight to the very end and who would expect anything less from Mark. Please continue to pray for peace and for Mark to be pain free. Pray for all those battling cancer and as always, God bless!!!!!

9 comments:

A Time To Remeber said...

my thoughts and prayers are with you.. Mark you have faught a good fight and I hope you are able to grab God's hand and walk with him.. am so sorry for what you are going through.. you are all in my thoughts and prayers..

Unknown said...

I am glad many friends and family have come by to visit. You are all in my thoughts and prayers...

Unknown said...

We continue to pray for each of you daily. We pray for peace of minds, hearts, and comfort. We pray for the Lord to give each of you a peace that only He can give, like none other. Here is one of God's promises to each of you:
Isaiah 54:10
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you.
We pray that you know and understand His compassion and peace in your deepest time of need.
The Nichols Family,
Ben, Sydney & Hope

Unknown said...

Mark is such an amazing person. I have always thought so, but as I have followed the last few months, I have been even more amazed. I don't understand why things like this have to happen to such awesome people. My heart is just aching for your whole family. May God's grace carry you through all that lies ahead.

Mary Jo Kean said...

Our family continues to pray for your family.

Beverly and Curt Marshall said...

We are praying for peace for Mark and comfort for you all. May you feel God's presence and the power of many prayers in this difficult time.

Bernie and Kathy said...

We are praying for you all in this difficult time, that God may give you a peace that transcends all understanding.

Jennifer Mueller-Phillips said...

Rhonda and family--I will pray often today that God will give you peace and ease your sorrow.

Unknown said...

Oh Ronda, I'm so sorry! It is a blessing that Mark is no longer suffering but I know it is SO painful for you and your family! I encourage you to lean HEAVILY on your friends and family in the coming days, weeks, months...
And know that MANY of us will still be praying for your entire family!
Atresa Farmer