Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sept 8

Hello to all. Mark is doing better today. He slept well. He was making fun of me saying I slept so well he had to keep waking me up all night. He told the nurse I "drugged myself" and couldn't wake up. He is so mean. I was just exhausted and he DID wake me up several times to tell me he was "almost" ready to get up in the chair, but not yet. So I'd say "wake me up when you're ready to get up". Of course he never got up. He just kept waking me up saying he was almost ready to get up. It was a mess!!!!!

They stopped Mark's nerve blocks today and are pulling them as I am writing this. He is just on IV pain medicine now. He hasn't gotten out of bed yet this morning to walk or to get in the chair. They clamped the Foley for 4 hours to see if he would get the urge to urinate on his own and he didn't. That was a big issue last time and he ended up coming home with a catheter in and it was left in for several months. Mark is terrified that it will happen again. We are praying that it won't be the case, but it's not looking positive this far. He still isn't eating or drinking anything except a few sips of water now and then. He is cleared to be on a clear liquid diet, but he chooses not to drink as it makes him feel distended. We are still waiting on the XRay of his abdomen. That hasn't been done yet.

No fever and he is still on his antibiotics. Things are moving at a snails pace here.

Angie will be leaving for the airport in just a little bit. Matt will be here a few more days and Eugenie will fly in for backup. We will definitely miss the support.

Thanks to all of you back home doing so much to help Mark's parents out. Frank Plan, Brad Meadows, The Hillyard family have done so much more than we could ever repay. Thanks from the bottoms of our hearts you guys. You have brought tears to our eyes with your kindness. We truly appreciate you guys. Thanks to everyone for the kindness, thoughts and prayers. God bless you all!!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

My prayers for continued healing and for success with the chemo regimen have been sent.

Anonymous said...

Ronda,

Tell Mark that Claire says "Behave!" (Although maybe he won't pay attention to me since he is tenured now.) Seriously, remember to take care of yourself so you have energy to care for Mark.