Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sept 17-evening post

Hello again. Mark had a pretty good day today. He went downstairs with me and we walked outside the hospital and sat on a bench and enjoyed some fresh air. It was nice. We haven't had any rain here in Pittsburgh. It is sunny and pretty nice, only a little chilly in the early mornings and evenings. Mark really enjoyed getting out. It made him really want to get out of here and get on a plane home.

They made evening rounds and decided to leave him on the IV antibiotics and antifungals through the night and will change him to pills in the morning. They also stopped his routine Tylenol. Well, Mark is now running a fever again. He may be running fever that is related to the tumor itself. If that is the case, he will have to constantly take Tylenol. However, they still believe Mark has a subclinical infection as he looked very toxic when he was readmitted. He was gray, his eyes were rolling back in his head, he had shaking chills and he looked bad. He doesn't look anything like that now, he is just running fever, but otherwise okay.

I still have not been able to snag a cot since we've been readmitted. These recliners are extremely uncomfortable to sleep on. I woke up so stiff, I couldn't walk. I got up last night in the middle of the night and told Mark to move over and I crawled in his hospital bed with him and fell asleep. The doctor walked in this morning with both of us fast asleep in the bed. I'm sure we looked pretty silly.

We are really missing the kids terribly. Calen sounds so down when I talk to him. Emily blows me kisses through the phone and Colton really seems to be handling it okay. I can't wait to hug them all. The Bertus' are doing a great job taking care of them and getting them everywhere plus dealing with all of the things that pop up here and there. We couldn't be here without them, so thanks!!!!

Continue to pray for Mark. We hope to be home soon. God bless!!!!

No comments: