Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sept 15

Hello again. Well, I'm writing this one from Mark's hospital room. Yes, he was readmitted to the hospital. We fought with Dr. Bartlett's office about it. We tried to get them to let us just come in for blood work to see how sick he was and let us fly home to let our Drs. there take over, but they were insistant that we come over here and get checked out. Mark was a little nervous that he might get sick in the plane and so here we are. Dr. Bartlett's office insisted that things would move fast, that orders would be here, etc, etc and that we might get out tomorrow in time for our flight. Well.........we sat here forever waiting to get vital signs done. Mark is still in his street clothes 3 hours later. They haven't drawn blood and just took him to XRay (they told us CT scan from Dr. Barlett's office). I think this is a different picture than we were painted. I know I sound impatient and mad. I think I've been here too long and am ready to get home.

Whew!!! That is my venting for the day. My feelings as a medical professional are that they should have given him broad spectrum antibiotics when he started spiking fevers after surgery and I think they would have not only shorted his last hospital stay, but prevented this one altogether.

I know I sound like I'm close to the edge, but trust me I'm not. I am hanging in there and taking it as it comes. We may have to cancel our flight home tomorrow. The most important part is taking care of Mark and that is what we are here to do.

Please keep Mark in your prayers, as he needs them now. Pray that this fever will go away and that we can safely get him home to Auburn. God bless!!!

1 comment:

Melissa Foster Denney said...

Rhonda, you sound great~ We're all cheering you on, and inspired by you and Mark. You've taught us much about courage and perseverance.

My prayers and thoughts every minute are for your quick, non-eventful and safe return to Auburn.

God's Peace+

M.