Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sept 23

Hello again. It's been good being home, but Mark is still struggling with his recovery. He has lost down to 170 lbs and cannot maintain or gain any weight back (in fact, he continues to lose). He is down 25 lbs so far. He doesn't have any appetite and when he eats, he feels very sick and boated, so it's no fun for him. He is weak and extremely tired. It is hard for me to see him like this. He is struggling to do the littlest of things.

I haven't gone back to work yet. I am an emotional wreck right now and don't think I'd be very therapeutic seeing patients right now. I don't really know how I'll do it next week, but I will have to figure it out somehow.

We see Dr. Farmer tomorrow in the morning. We will see what will happen next. Mark really needs to start on chemo quickly to see if we can start fighting this cancer, but he is so weak and malnourished right now, I'm afraid she won't want to start it yet for fear it will make Mark even worse. I am praying that I am wrong.

Continue to pray for healing as Mark needs this right now. Thanks to all of you for your continued support. God bless!!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You're going to think I'm completely off my rocker but I'll risk it. As I know you're medical professionals, you may know this already. Omega-3 oils may slow down cancer cachexia. This is a situation where Dr. Budwig's flax oil and cottage cheese combo might do some good work. I eat a half a cup of cottage cheese mixed with flax oil. After it's blended I add honey and berries and ground flax seed. It's easily ingestible with LOTS of calories, protein, fiber, and Omega-3's that just might put some weight on him and keep it on him. I have cancer but it's stable at the moment and so is my weight..actually, I"m a little plumper than I'd like to be. Just a thought. It couldn't hurt. Nutrionally, it's sound as well.