Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sept 5

Good morning to all. Mark is doing well this morning. He had a pretty good night. He woke briefly as they were wheeling him in to his room yesterday and asked me why he wasn't in the ICU. I think the long pause told him what he needed to know. He actually didn't take the news too hard. He was pretty calm as we knew this might be a possibility. He is so strong. We talked about what they found and what the doctors told us.

Mark is having some pain and cramping in his belly and they had to increase the pain medicine through the PCA pump and through the spinal blocks last night and they finally got him pretty comfortable. He rested pretty well last night. He was in and out of it. He spiked 2 fevers last night and they had to draw cultures. His highest temp was 102.8, but he is afebrile now. One of the doctors has been around this morning and we are waiting on the other.

The doctor this morning was pretty positive about the Erbitux and said that he's seen some cancers respond so well that they've been able to surgically resect after treatment.

Dr. Farmer will be getting Mark back on chemo shortly after we return to Auburn and will start the new chemo agents. His chemo schedule will be different.

That is all I know for now. I am tired as the recliner I slept in last night was horrible and I will be heading back to the Family House soon for a shower and maybe a little nap.

Thanks for all the encouraging messages and prayers. God bless!!!!!

3 comments:

lucky to be me said...

We are so sorry to hear the news. We have just found your site through Carly's. You are in our prayers. You are amazing in your strength and love. ANne and Todd Daniels

Candy Traylor said...

I am so sorry to hear your latest news. I will be praying God's peace and comfort for you and for your children, especially my sweet Colton that I love so much!! God Bless
Candy Traylor

Bernie and Kathy said...

We are praying for you. Your strength is an inspiration to all of us. Bernie and Kathy