Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sept 5

Good afternoon. Mark is holding his own today. His urine is looking infected. He still has the catheter in, but there is question whether or not they actually drew the sample to test for infection, we've gotten conflicting answers and can't seem to get any action as far as proceding forward. There haven't been anymore temperatures. Mark's saturations dropped into the 80s and they had to put him back on oxygen.

The attending physician came by and made rounds. They are going to give Mark some additional medicine to help with the abdominal cramping. They did a lot of tugging and pulling to fix the large ventral hernia that Mark had from his previous surgery and there was a lot of scar tissue that they had to dissect through to do this surgery, so a lot of reason to hurt. He is cut the entire length of his abdomen again.

Matt and Angie have sat with Mark and taken care of him from mid morning through this afternoon. I was totally beat and went to the Family House for food, rest and a shower. It was nice.

We are hanging out in Mark's room watching football. Mark was determined to watch the Oklahoma game, but I really think he'll be too much in and out of it to remember. His parents are taping the game for him, so we can watch it again later (provided they win).

Once again, thanks to all of you who have been so supportive. I can't tell you how much it helps us to get through this. Keep up the prayers. God bless!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I know that being an example of grace and faith to all of us, as you have been, gets pretty tiring. So my prayers for you today and tomorrow will be for some relief, some refuge from worry and fatigue. God has been using you all to teach others some important things, but everybody deserves a day off sometime.
God Bless the Bertus family.
rb

peter dadalt said...

When I heard the news, it felt like someone had hit me in the stomach. You and all the Bertus family are in our prayers - both for strength and faith in the long run and for Mark's rapid healing and release from the hospital in the short.

Sandy Daron said...

I am sorry that Mark is in so much pain. I can't imagine how tender it must be on the inside and the out!!!

I am watching our Sooners. I am sick about Bradford, but he will be BACK!!!! BOOMER SOONER!!!

I will be praying!!!

Love in Christ,
Cole’s (Caring Openly, Loving Eternally) prayer team
www.colesfoundation.com
Sandy Daron

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

It's taking me some time as well. I am praying constantly and thinking of the whole Bertus family.