Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sept 24

We met with Dr. Farmer this morning. It was nice to see everyone in the Cancer Center again. We got hugs from Nancy, Andrea and Alveda who have all taken care of Mark throughout his cancer battle. Dr. Farmer also greeted us with bug hugs. She was not excited to see Mark in the shape he is in. She is still concerned about the low grade fevers he seems to run. They are only about 99.0 degrees now. She is switching his antibiotics to stronger and broader spectrum ones and also ones to cover anaerobes in the gut. She also wants Mark to work on putting weight on. Starting back on chemo at this point would be way too dangerous, so we have to wait which isn't good either.

It was a tough visit to say the least. We have a very tough road ahead.

Mark wants to try and make the 8th grade football game tonight in Russell Co. We will see how that goes. I hope he can make it.

Thanks again for all of the continued support and prayers. God bless!!!!

3 comments:

Bernie and Kathy said...

Praying that God gives Mark strength and recovery and well as peace to the entire family. Hope to see Mark at the game tonight!

Unknown said...

Ms. Bertus -
You don't know me, but I am currently taking your husband's Advanced Investments class. I just wanted to tell you that a lot of us are keeping your family in our prayers. Also, I know what it's like to have a loved one in the hospital - my dad was very sick several years ago. It was extremely hard on my mom and I, and I know how you feel. Remember that God really does work miracles - He worked one for my dad, and I hope He works one for y'all.

Unknown said...

Rhonda,
First of all you don't know me, but let me introduce myself, I am Sydney Nichols, the mom of Hope Nichols, one of Calen's friends at school. Calen is a terrific friend of Hope's, and as a parent I am thankful he has been such a great friend to her.

Secondly, I wanted to let you know that I am, our whole family, is praying for all of you. Sometimes life just don't make sense at all, and this is definitely one of those times. Keep the faith, God is a Healer, Counselor, Father, Provider, Saviour, bottom line He is Everything that you need during this time of your lives, and for the future. I pray healing for Mark, comfort in his body from pain, comfort for the entire family in knowing that Jesus is Lord over everything.

Last but not least, if there is anything I can do for you, meals, drive children, whatever, please don't hesitiate to give me a call, this is my cell 334-728-5906. Praying for you daily.

Because of Him,
Sydney Nichols