Friday, November 27, 2009

Nov 27

Hello. I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. Sorry for the long absense in posts. Mark hasn't been doing well. He has been in bed for 3 days straight and hasn't been well at all. He didn't eat anything during that time as well. Dr. Farmer called to check on Mark and decided to send Hospice out. They haven't been here yet as it was right before Thanksgiving. They may be here today. Mark managed to get up for Thanksgiving and sat at the table for approximately an hour. He was up a little bit during the day yesterday and we got to listen to funny stories about his childhood told by his brother Matt and his parents. Mostly about their different pets and such, but we laughed and it was fun. Mark was totally worn out and slept good. He is really hurting today and can't eat or get up again today. I think today is the worst day I've seen him have yet. He doesn't want me to even touch him. It is a very helpless feeling.

The kids went to the Auburn/Alabama game. Once again, I gave up my ticket so as not to break tradition. I've given it up every year since we've moved to Auburn now. There was no way I could leave Mark today. The kids took their cousins Chris (who is in college) and Katie who is a High Schooler. Their uncle Matt also went with them.

Dr. Farmer talked like she may stop by the house Saturday or Sunday to talk with Mark. We will see. He is supposed to have an appointment Monday to be infused, but I doubt we make it in Monday the way things are going now.

God bless!!!!!!

11 comments:

beacon72 said...

We continue to pray for Mark and for your family..

Pete said...

Mark: you and my family are all in my prayers.

Louise Cooper said...

During this Thanksgiving season, I want to give thanks to God for giving Mark to our family. He is loved deeply. Mark is continually in our prayers and thoughts. God, may it be your desire that Mark is healed.

Bernie and Kathy said...

We are praying for you all.

Unknown said...

We will continue to pray for your strength and God's will.

Dan and Lori

Unknown said...

We will continue to pray for your strength and God's will.

Dan and Lori

tteltrabkk said...

Thinking of you always. Praying for you all!

Unknown said...

We wish you comfort, healing, and more good times with your family. Thank you for the continued updates.

John Jahera said...

We are all keeping the prayers going for you Mark and your entire family. May God give you the strength you need during these times. We all sure miss you at work and many students ask about you all the time too.

John

eddelahay said...

The following is not a prayer that asks God to heal you, rather it is a prayer that ask God to manifest His Spirit in the healing of your temple (body) so that you may be a witness to the power of His Spirit. It is what Jesus said that he did for his Father. Jesus said, "I have glorified thee having accomplished the works that you sent me occomplish(we call those works, miracles). But Jesus never wondered, "Will it work this time?" The follwing prayer has six points:

1. Repent: Father I have done my will all of my life, I am sorry. Please forgive me.

2. From this day forward I make my covenant with you that I will serve only you.

3. Jesus promised us the Holy Spirit if we ask it in his name. I claim the gift of the Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus Christ.

4.Satan I rebuke thee. In the name of Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit you are defeated, you are cast out of this temple. Be gone Satan, I have faith that the Holy Spirit will bind you up and cast you out.

5. Father I have faith that your Spirit will heal and restore this temple so that I may become a witness to the power of your Spirit.

6. Let it all be done to glorify thy name and to bring praise to Jesus Christ. I ask it all in the name of Jesus Christ.

Comment: In 1996 I was totally paralyzed. The doctors did not know what caused it nor did the have a treatment. They have a name for my malady, they call it Gillian Barre. The doctors told my wife told my wife that if I survived, it would be 12 to fourteen months before I could function well enough to go home, so she needed to start making arrangement to get me in a nursing home. I prayed the prayer above and I walked out of the hospital after eight day. I have made my witness to the power of God's Spirit to many and the results are always the same, the patient is healed. Like the power of gravity, the power of God'Spirit is consistent.

After you are healed, please let me know. My e-mail is: eddelahay@yahoo.com

Jonathan Godbey said...

We continue to pray for the Bertus family. Mark, research ain't fun if I'm not working with you.

Jonathan