Monday, December 31, 2007

December 31

Mark had another good day today. Normally this would be chemo day, but he got postponed until Jan 2nd this week. At least we can celebrate the New Year with Mark feeling like his old self. We visited with Eugenie and Mike today and the kids all played. It was a pretty day for outside play finally (no rain). Eugenie and I re-upholstered the dining room chairs.

We heard from Memorial Sloan Kettering hospital in New York City. This is another large cancer center like MD Anderson. They are happy to accept Mark as a patient. We faxed his records there today to our contact person. They want to wait until chemo round number 6 and the repeat CT scan before we go up to New York as this will help them determine which doctor Mark will see.

We plan to have a quiet evening at home with snacks and fondu for the kids. We will stay up to midnight to celebrate the New Year and hope for healing and recovery. Happy New Year to all!!!!

2 comments:

Miki said...

Ronda,
I met you in mass about a month ago (my daughter, Carly, has cancer in her sinus passage). I just wanted you to know that we have been praying for Mark's complete healing. I am sorry MD Anderson won't accept Mark as a patient, but it sounds like the Lord has better plans for you in NY. I am thankful that they accepted him...that is wonderful news.
I am so glad you all had a great Christmas. It was really hard for me because Carly was sick and not feeling well. We ended up back at Children's on the evening of the 26th/27th via ambulance at 1am. She spiked a temp. It got up to 103.5, but they were able to pump her full of antibiotics. Her chemo ends up plummeting her ANC and WBC to just about zero, so we always go back for fevers. It's crazy. We go back tomorrow for a 48 hr in hospital stay for another round of chemo.
I just wanted you to know how much we are praying for you and to ask if there was anything you need or anything we can do for you. My email is mycarlybear@yahoo.com, and my home number is 826-8895.
I am glad that Mark is feeling better and has better days. That truly is a blessing!
Take care, and we'll continue our prayers!
Miki Parker

Unknown said...

Praying for a great year of healing for you and your family!

Go Sooners!

Hope to see you soon at Mass.

Rich, Kirsten, and Dirk Perkins