Monday, December 17, 2007

December 17, Chemo treatment number 4

Mark received chemo number 4 today. This is the second chemo regimen with the added Avastin. He is doing well. Of course he came home with the infusion pump and will get the continuous chemo until Wednesday afternoon. The last chemo really wiped him out, so we're hoping and praying that this one is better. We at least are learning what to expect by now. His blood counts have remained good. They will redraw his cancer marker (CEA) and do more extensive blood work with the next chemo.

Ronda has been doing more reading and digging into Mark's type of cancer. The metastatic disease to the peritoneum is definitely posing the biggest concern for Mark. We have found some articles and are anxious to revisit with the surgeon at UAB to discuss our plan and make sure we're on the right track. We are also getting anxious to get the MD Anderson referral going to have another set of eyes looking at the data as well as Mark.

Emily will celebrate her 3rd birthday on Thursday. She will have cupcakes with the kids at Bonnie's Kids and we will just have family for presents in the evening. We planned a party for her friends on January 5th after the Christmas holiday is over. Mark's 36th birthday is Friday and I keep teasing him that I will take him out for a Milky Way and a cup of Starbucks coffee. That is what he is craving now and isn't supposed to have. We will definitely splurge for his special day.

We won't be travelling back to Oklahoma this year for Christmas. This will be our first year ever not to do that. I think we will enjoy the quiet time with the children though, although we'll miss everyone back home.

God bless you all!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay Ronda what bombshell to put in a Christmas card. I read all the blogs and glad to see Mark is doing well considering what all is going on. Tell him to keep his spirts up. I would call you but I don't have your phone number just your address. If you wouldn't mind emailing it to me I would be grateful. I saw Matt and Thad at the OU/Texas game(some things never change lol). I will keep Mark in my prayers and hve him added to all the pray chains I know. I know quiet a few from when Dave was in Iraq. All the power of prayer. It helps us get through anything. Take care.
Belinda

Unknown said...

Never, ever, in a million years...would I have pegged you for a Starbucks guy! Really? Talk about a guy secure in his masculinity!

Peace, brother!

Rich

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you, Rhonda, the boys, and Emily at the mall this weekend. I'm sorry you had to witness Payton's "calm" decision not to sit in Santa's lap. How about a Pink shirt for your birthday? Have fun with Emily on her special day.

Go Sooners,

DeWayne