Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dec 27

Hello to everyone. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I know those of you in Oklahoma had a very White Christmas. Mark had an episode of pain on Christmas morning that was quite intense and it took a bit to get it under control, but since then, he has been pretty comfortable and doing well. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to get up and watch the kids open gifts or spend any time with us Christmas morning. It is just too hard for him to get out of bed and he can't take much noise or commotion. The kids had a great time Christmas morning and were quite pleased with their gifts. We went to mass on Christmas Eve and even in our new BIG church, the parking lot was full and there were no seats in the inn. I guess that is a very good problem to have.

Mark had a good day yesterday. He was pretty alert most of the day and we got to spend quite a bit of time together. We watched some movies and stayed up until 2am. I was getting so sleepy and he said "Don't fall asleep. I don't know how many more days I'll have like this." I was really fighting to stay awake with him. Some of the time we were talking, it was just like old times and I'd almost forget he was sick. Yesterday was definitely a good day. We changed Mark's pain patches this morning and he's been very sedated all day and not really awake at all. They really knock him out. He is definitely more jaundiced and now having some bleeding from his gut.

Father Bill came over today to visit with Mark, but he was sedated and I had gone out for a bit. Calen forgot to tell me he was coming over and remembered to tell me at dinner tonight. That's a teenager for you.

Mark's parents are still here helping out and have been troopers. They haven't been home to Oklahoma in months now. I just can't image. Kathy got to spend a lot of time with Mark yesterday as well and I know she enjoyed that. We are hoping tomorrow he will be more alert again.

Thanks for the continued support and prayers as always. God bless!!!

8 comments:

John Jahera said...

I am so glad that you were able to have some good time with Mark and I know you will cherish that time forever. I hope and pray for peace and comfort for all of you. And Ronda, you know I stand ready to help if there is anything I can do. Just let me know. Mark is such a large part of our group in finance and what a great co-author to have. He is so much smarter than me for sure!

My prays are continuing for all of you.

dalts said...

my prayers go out to you and your entire family. you are making memories that you will cherish forever. blessings to all.
prayer request for
www.caringbridge.org/visit/annamckinney

Yada said...

I am glad the kids were able to have a nice Christmas...what a family you have!

It was so nice to read that you got some good time with Mark (and him with you)!

Sharon O. said...

God bless you and your family Ronda. I am so glad that you had a good day with Mark. He is a wonderful person and we are all blessed for knowing him.

Sharon Oswalde

Anonymous said...

Ronda,
We have never met, but I spent a lot of time with Mark (and Matt) on the baseball field in Bartlesville, OK.

I only learned of Mark's health a few weeks ago. Since that time my wife and I have been following your updates. We keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Please say hello to Mark, Brent and Kathy for me.

Bernie and Kathy said...

I am so glad Mark is having such good days. I pray that he will have many more and that his pain will be well controlled. We pray for you all every day.

Unknown said...

Keeping you and your family in our prayers. God Bless & know that you are an inspiration to others.

John and Kathy Mitchell said...

We are so very glad you have been blessed with some good times with Mark. May GOD bless you all! We are praying and thinking about you all constantly!

Love, Kathy Mitchell