Saturday, June 14, 2008

June 14

Hi everyone. We're HOME!!!!! Yeah!!!! We made it thanks to a pilot named Barry Jeffries who is a radiologist from Atlanta and he flies for Angel Flight. He flew to Pittsburgh this morning and picked us up. We left Pittsburgh right when the storm came through and that was exciting. We were in a 6 seater. I am not a big fan of flying, so I was saying a lot of prayers through this flight. I kept thinking that God wouldn't let an "Angel Flight" crash right???? Anyway, our 3 hour trip took 4 because our pilot had to fly around numerous thunderstorms, but he did an awesome job and was super nice to volunteer his time for us.

We flew right in to Auburn's airport and Keven Yost and John and Debby Jahera met us there. It was great to get into a car and drive home. Mark took his pain medicine, ate a few bites of soup for lunch and went straight to bed. He needed the rest as he looked pretty miserable on the flight. He just couldn't get comfortable. He started throwing up before we left for the airport and I wondered if we'd even make it for a while. I am exhausted, but too tired to sleep if that makes any sense.

I can't wait until the kids get home tomorrow. I know it will be chaos, but I cannot wait to hug them all and see them. It has been great having Brent and Kathy here to care for them for such a long period of time. I don't know what we would have done without them.

Mark got an autographed Auburn football and helmut signed by Tommy Tubberville from the Finance department here at Auburn. They sent the football to the hospital so we displayed it for all the northerners to see in Pittsburgh and they gave Mark the helmut at the airport today. It was quite the awesome gift. Mark has been blessed with such an awesome department and a wonderful group of colleagues. Thanks to all of you!!!!

Mark is still quite weak and will require a prolonged period to recover from this surgery. We have 2 doctors appointments this week and hopefully everything goes well. We are hoping to get rid of one of the tubes/drains on Monday. The other will be several weeks.

Thanks for all the prayers and support. We have felt blessed and loved. God bless!!!!

4 comments:

Keven said...

It is nice to have you back in Auburn. I am sure it is wonderful to be in your own home and in your own bed.

Unknown said...

Mark and Ronda
I am so glad things have been going very well. God has bless you a lot. I pray that God will continue to heal Mark. Jami (do you remember her) wanted me to tell you she is prayering for you too. I'm glad you made it home safely. You will be able to recover better in your own home and bed.
Belinda

Lee Colquitt said...

Mark and Ronda,
It's great having you back in town! Don't know when/if you will be taking visitors (I'm guessing it will be a while), but I know that there are lots of us who would enjoy seeing you. Hang in there. We're still praying!
Lee

Rhonda J said...

mark and ronda - so glad to hear you back at home! lots of OHS 1988 people have you in their thoughts and prayers!