Tuesday, August 19, 2008

August 19

Hello to all. It has been a busy week so far. Mark's first day back in the classroom was today. It was exciting for us all. Emily wished him well "in school" on her way out this morning. It was cute. I have a tradition where I take everyone's picture as they are leaving home the first day of school every year. I keep all of them. I threatened Mark today that I was going to take his picture on his first day of school. He just rolled his eyes at me and then took a long time getting dressed so that I had to leave before he did. I think it was on purpose. Oh well....we were all excited anyway that Mark was back in the classroom today. He said it felt good.

Tomorrow is the big test day with the gastrograffin enema. We have been saying a lot of prayers that there is no leak present so we can get the ileostomy reversed. Mark is really looking forward to getting things back to normal in that regard. Mark's mother, Kathy, is also having her colonoscopy tomorrow. Hopefully that will be good news as well.

I was looking at pictures today that we took of Mark the day after surgery in Pittsburgh. It is amazing to see how swollen he looks. The description of Jabba the Hut was pretty accurate. Now that he is better, I may have to figure out how to post those pictures on the site for everyone to get chuckle out of. He was so swollen. WOW!!!!!

Thanks again for the continued support. God bless!!!

No comments: