Friday, August 15, 2008

August 15

Hello to all. Mark and I had a nice anniversary. It was our 15th wedding anniversary yesterday. Mark sent roses to me at work and then took me out for dinner last night. It was a good evening and I think we both enjoyed it. It was low key and relaxing. Mark's parents came in from New Orleans to get a few things they left behind and agreed to watch the kids for us, so it was perfect timing. We spent the rest of the evening watching the Olympics and stayed up late watching the gymnastics. What can I say, we're nerds.

We are waiting to get Mark's next test date. Hopefully this will take place in the next week or two and we'll be doing surgery in September we hope. We will see how things play out. We've learned not to get too anxious about how quickly things move, as they don't always progress as quickly as we'd like. We just feel blessed that Mark continues to do so well and having this break from chemo has been good. I am a little anxious to get moving as I think too long of a break is not going to be a good thing. Yes, I am paranoid. I can't help myself.

Thanks again for the support, prayers and well wishes. God bless!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was out on my way to my new job for 2 or so weeks. It is so great to hear so much good news since the last time I checked! Looking forward to the next surgery date pick!

Unknown said...

happy anniversary! share this "good news" with fr.bill at the end of mass when he asks for it.... okay, you don't have to if you don't want to.
the prayers will continue, and i think they are working.
God Bless the Bertus family.