Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Nov 7, Finished first cycle of chemo

Mark finished his first complete chemo cycle today around noon. We went in to the infusion center and had them disconnect his chemo. Mark continues to feel puny and a little ill. Most of this stems from abdominal cramping and pain, but luckily no diarrhea. The chemo nurse feels the cramping should subside today, if not there is a medicine they can try to help him with the next infusion. We've had a quiet day around the house. Mark's appetite hasn't been great, but we've managed to get a few things down him and his mom and dad are out now buying King Crab legs to fix for dinner.

Calen has a football game tonight and Mark is one of the assistant coaches. I know Mark wants to go badly, but I'm not sure he'll make this one. It is cool today and will be much colder tonight. We'll play it by ear.

4 comments:

Lee Colquitt said...

Mark,

I hadn't read your post yesterday when I called regarding a visit. Sorry you weren't feeling well. Call us up here sometime if you're ever up to and able to eat some lunch. The department would love to get together with you for some vegetarian! I'll commit to eating a salad with you (can I crush up a double-cheeseburger and supersize fries in mine?).

The Colquitts (and our parents and many of our friends) continue to pray for you.

Lee

John Folmar said...

Bertus

The Auburn youth sports community is thinking of you. We know your tenacity and expect a good fight. :)

God Bless!

John Folmar

Tina Loraas said...

Until you are ready for Colleen's ham, I will be happy to make you a fine jello mold...remember how much Colton liked it last year at the Yost's?

Take care, Mark...now I have the worst language on the floor, so I need you back!

Tina

(PS I posted with my "turn in" email...only google account I have.

Jennifer Mueller-Phillips said...

Mark and Rhonda,

I have been thinking about you guys often!

Mark--I miss seeing you wander down to our end of the hallway to bug Andy & Duane. I'm sure we can't make up for it. :)

You and your family are in my prayers. (I have just read all the posts...man! what a support network you have!!)

Love you guys, Jennifer