Saturday, November 17, 2007

Nov 17

Mark is feeling better today. Still with a cough and a little congestion, but no fever. The doctor started antibiotics yesterday and they seem to be helping. He is up and about and watching some football. This morning we went out for our family Christmas picture with the kids. Thanks so much Tracy for taking the pictures.

We are gearing up for chemo on Monday and hoping he does as well with this treatment as he did the last.

Mark's twin brother, Matt, is coming in Sunday for the Thanksgiving holiday. He will be bringing his daughter, Jolene, and Angie (his fiance') and her daughter Lauren. On Wednesday, Mark's older brother Shaun will be here with his wife Jennie and their children, Chris, Josh and Katie. We are looking forward to the visit with family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Mark and family,

I am an AU employee and MS Finance student. I had the pleasure of being in Dr. Bertus' Financial Analysis class a couple years ago, and also got to meet his family at the gym. I just heard about Mark recently and wanted you all to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know if anyone can beat this, he can!

My dad underwent chemo treatment for a different type of cancer a couple months ago. I found the following passages recently and framed as a gift for my dad, but I wanted to share with you also.

What Cancer Cannot Do

Cancer is so limited.
It cannot cripple love, it cannot
shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith, it cannot
destroy peace.
It cannot kill friendship, it cannot
suppress memories.
It cannot silence courage, it cannot
invade the soul.
It cannot steal eternal life,
it cannot
conquer the spirit.
Author Unknown


YET IN ALL THESE THINGS
WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS THROUGH
HIM WHO LOVED US.
FOR I AM PERSUADED THAT NEITHER DEATH, NOR LIFE...
NOR PRINCIPALITIES, NOR POWERS,
NOR THINGS PRESENT, NOR THINGS TO COME,
NOR HEIGHT, DEPTH, NOR ANY CREATED THINGS,
SHALL BE ABLE TO SEPARATE US
FROM THE LOVE OF GOD,
WHICH IS IN
CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD.

Stay strong and keep praying! I'll be praying for you guys too.
Shauna Kilpatrick