Monday, March 16, 2009

March 16-Chemo

Mark had his chemo infusion today. He did well and yes, he had the leukovorin. He did well through it with no reaction. They gave him a lot of premedications to avoid reaction and they made him very tired. He slept through the infusion and is still sleeping tonight. He was stumbling out of the infusion center and I thought he might fall. He was very sedated. I was so happy to know that he didn't react to this new leukovorin and we may now be on a good journey again.

We thoroughly enjoyed the final part of our Europe trip. Mark began feeling great and was able to hold his own by the end. He enjoyed Vienna. We went to a Mozart and Strauss concert in Mozart's old apartment which they're turned into a concert hall. It was very charming and the music was great. Mark LOVED it and I am not being silly this time. It was not like the opera experience at all. He really does like classical music. We took a lot of pictures and just enjoyed ourselves.

We toured Sigmund Freud's house which was quite interesting. It was a nice museum. I did the Albertina Art museum with Linda while the guys were in meetings one day and enjoyed the paintings. It was such a great trip.

Excuse my spelling. I already got called out on it once earlier in the week. Sorry!!!! I apologize if I am not the best. I usually am rushed to type anything and don't always proof if you can tell.

Please keep Mark in your thoughts and prayers. He has a tough week ahead with this chemo round. He got the leukovorin which always makes the chemo more potent and the new agent seems to make him a little sicker than the oxaliplatin did, so we will see. God bless!!!

No comments: