Monday, December 8, 2008

December 8

Hello everyone. Sorry it's been a while since I've updated. It's been soooooo busy around here. We've been constantly on the go. Mark has been sick. He spent all last week sick with a virus. Stuffy head and cough. He just felt achy and under the weather. His absolute neutrophil count was low when they gave the chemo, so I'm sure it dropped even further. That is a measure of his immune system. We've had him taking vitamin C and got him the Zicam OTC cold stuff which he said actually helped some. He has pretty much been in the bed for the last week and over the weekend. He thought he felt better today and went to the office, but said when he started walking to lunch he got short of breath and his heart started racing. I told him to call the doctor's office to see if he could go in for a chest xray, but he said "no, then I might miss Calen's game today". Typical. He is doing a little better now. He made it to the game tonight, but has been in the bed since we got home. Hopefully he will call the doctor tomorrow. He can be really stubborn sometimes.

I was very busy over the weekend getting the kids here and there. Emily had 2 birthday parties and both boys had practices in addition to all the typical weekend errands. Sunday afternoon I started getting all of the Christmas decorations down from the attic. I figured if I didn't get it done, it may not get done before the holiday. I managed to get the tree up and lights on it, but we still have to get the ornaments on. Maybe this weekend we can do that. It has really been crazy!!!!

Calen has 3 basketball games this week and then will have a break until January. Colton is just practicing now which helps.

Mark was sick on my birthday, but we made it out for a short dinner with the kids. We now have Emily and Mark's birthday's coming up before Christmas.

Please continue to keep Mark in your prayers. He really needs them this week with being sick. Hopefully he will kick this virus and get a few days of feeling better before the next round of chemo starts again. He is really starting to look a little better tonight. Hopefully looks aren't deceiving. God bless!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

watch out for the headaches / fevers. let's just hope his white cell count stays high enough during this cold. Praying for you guys!

Kim said...

I saw him at the office today and thought he looked very good. I hadn't seen your blog note yet and would not have known he had been so sick recently. I hope you all enjoy a relaxing and healthy Christmas break.